The objectives of ACECC are:
- To promote and advance the science and practice of civil engineering and related professions for sustainable development in the Asian region.
- To encourage communication between persons in charge of scientific and technical responsibility for any field of civil engineering.
- To improve, extend and enhance activities such as infrastructure construction and management, preservation of the environment and natural disaster prevention.
- To foster exchange of ideas among the member societies/institutions.
- To cooperate with any regional, national and international organizations to support their work, as ACECC deems necessary.
- To provide advice to member societies/institutions to strengthen their domestic activities.
- To develop leadership skills in young civil engineers in member economies.
- To achieve the above objectives, an international conference called the Civil Engineering Conference in the Asian Region (CECAR) is held on a triennial basis as the main objectives of ACECC.